Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lesson #2

Never, I mean never, leave chocolate unattended in your bag while in India (or probably in general), no matter how clean you think the place is. An army of ants will descend upon it as soon as your back is turned, thus causing you to scream like a little girl as you wack your bag and try to reclaim it from the mass of critters. I don't think I will ever look at a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup the same.

Plus, Italy should be embarrassed with their performance today. At least USA made it through.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

haha that's a funny story :)

Lydia said...

Hilarious! Ah those ants, always on the look out for Peanut Butter Cups!

Jessica said...

As unfortunate a death as that was for your chocolate, I would have loved to see you whack your bag and wail like a little girl. I'm so amused just thinking about it. At least lesson learned =)

(By the way, I totally thought you were going in the melting direction, which reminded me of a hilarious clip from Dumb and Dumberer--the blonde one, I forget his name, had a chocolate bar in his back pocket and it melted and he was over at some girl's house, kind of like on a date, and he goes to the bathroom and touches the chocolate and then wipes his hands on the towels and walls, etc. Later, her father (Bob Saggett, however you spell it) comes in after the dude has left and says "There is sh*t everywhere!!" Super funny, you could probably YouTube it. Oh, and the gratuitous asterisk is just in case this is a kid-friendly blog LOL. Yeah, so totally off on a tangent but that's just how I am.)

As to the World Cup (which is my temporary obsession), I am kind of happy at the way things are turning out (with the exception of Serbia's loss). It is nice to see some big names go out and make things more interesting. I know it was at your expense and I am sad to see all the Italian hotties go, but it leaves things slightly more open now. So, let's go USA!

Sending you positive energies to get you over your ant attack =)

Miss you.